I was recently invited to Future Health Club to share my 5 key tips for high impact networking:
Build a network.
It’s all about trust
It’s not about you, it’s about them!
Work on your personal branding
Main take aways:
- Go to conferences and Meetups to educate yourself and meet like-minded people
- Be active on social media – My favorites are Twitter and Linkedin
- Follow influencers on Twitter (Here is a list to get you started in digital health), use relevant #, share and comment
- Linkedin, great to post articles to position yourself
- Join online communities like #pinksocks. It’s a great way to meet and bond with new people easily
- Meet people for coffee to get to know them, learn more about the industry, a company or a specific role. (Skype coffee works as well :p)
- Expand your horizons, leave your comfort zone and attend events from different industries.
- The more people you know, the more people you will get to know: snowball effect
- Keep in touch with your network to keep it alive and growing – Have more coffees
- Listen to people to understand what they do. Ask questions!
- Give without expecting anything in return. Life will pay you back!
- Linkedin has a lot of potential. Make the most of your profile!
- Design your business cards careful. It says a lot about you. Choose your job title carefully. It matters.
- Write blog posts on your Linkedin, own website or as a guest writer on someone else’s.
- Start your own podcast. You will get to meet a lot of influencers.
- The sky is the limit. Shoot for the starts